Why Struct-Sure Monitoring
Ensure Safety of Structures
- Load test bridges, long term monitoring of critical structural elements
- Monitor historic public buildings and bridges
- Monitor unique structures such as tall towers, bridges with unique design or construction methods
Protect Investments and Defer Capital Spending
- Provide monitoring to determine performance changes which occur in a structure over time due to environmental changes.
- Monitor changes in structural condition to determine when structural rehabilitation or replacement is required. Use the monitoring as a tool to decide when it is the right time to make capital investment in structure rehabilitation.
Reduce Insurance Risks
- Monitor a structure during renovations
- Monitor nearby or adjacent construction
- Monitor structures which have been damaged
Protect the Public
Monitor stability of significant buildings, bridges or geotechnical structures which would be a significant threat to public safety in the event of structural failure.
Monitor Target Area
Monitor specific or special elements of a structure such as curved elements (arches, pipes) or major deep beams (transfer beams, shear walls)
- Monitor vibrational loads and effect of vibration on the structure
- Monitor impact of heavy loading conditions, determine if and how over load conditions has damaged the structure (non-elastic behavior, micro cracking, permanent deflections)
Get a Baseline
- Understand the structural behavior before changes occur
- Determination of natural frequency of structure in real time before, during and after renovations
- Monitor structural deformations before and after structural renovations or rehabilitation
Structural Monitoring Engineering can show you if the money that has been spent on rehabilitation is beneficial to the structure.